Hexton JMI School is committed to providing the best possible primary education for each of its pupils. Blending traditional values with skills, experiences and expectations to prepare pupils for the modern world, we aspire to create fun, engaging, memorable and purposeful learning opportunities.
Our Hex 6Rs provide a framework to develop life-long learning, underpinned by key qualities and characteristics which enable our pupils to become well-rounded individuals and citizens. They encourage pupils to become resilient, ready, respectful, reflective, responsible and resourceful. These values are displayed throughout our school and are frequently discussed by the whole school community.
The school has developed an inspiring, thematic curriculum that ensures that all children are challenged to demonstrate the Hex 6Rs in all aspects of their learning and as citizens within and beyond the school environment. We aim to instil a passion for learning and a genuine interest in the local work around us – locally, nationally and internationally.
Hexton JMI School prides itself on having high expectations through a nurturing and caring environment and ethos. Celebration of pupils’ achievements is a key part of our ethos and a regular feature in our ‘Going for Gold’ celebration assemblies.
- To provide an education of the highest quality and provide pupils with opportunities to develop their talent and potential.
- To provide a safe, secure and engaging learning environment where all stakeholders can thrive.
- To have high expectations of academic excellence through a broad, balanced and engaging curriculum
- To develop pupils as global citizens by nurturing the Hex 6Rs in all aspects of learning.
- Enable a wide ownership and investment in the school – by working in partnership with pupils, staff, parents, carers, governors and the wider community to promote the aims of the school.
British Values at Hexton JMI School
At Hexton JMI School, we strive for our children to become valuable and fully rounded members of society who treat others with respect and tolerance regardless of background. We promote the basic British values of Democracy, the rule of Law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of those of different faiths.
For further information please download the following document.