The most recent Ofsted inspection of the school was carried out in July 2014. The following are some of the highlights from the report, a full copy of which can be downloaded from the link below.
“This is a good school
- The headteacher, supported by an effective governing body and committed staff team, ensures that teaching is good, so that pupils achieve well from their different starting points.
- All groups of pupils make good progress in mathematics and English, particularly in reading, which is taught very well across the school.
- As a result of the effective support they receive, disabled pupils and those who have special educational needs achieve well.
- Teaching is good. Teachers plan tasks that capture pupils’ interest and often make learning fun.
- Behaviour is excellent and pupils feel extremely safe at school.
- The excellent relationships between adults and pupils, together with high expectations, mean that pupils work hard and do their best.
- Pupils’ attitudes to learning are outstanding. These contribute a great deal to their successful learning.
- Pupils seek out opportunities to help each other in lessons and in the playground.
- The school’s promotion of pupils’ social, moral, spiritual and cultural development is exceptional and is underpinned by the school’s approach to equal opportunities.
- Parents are very supportive of the school.
- Governors know the school well. They have a good understanding of the school’s strengths and weaknesses.”
The Behaviour and Safety of pupils is outstanding.